Virtual Greyhound Racing
- 1 Virtual Greyhound Racing
- 1.1 Best Virtual Greyhound Racing Betting Sites
- 1.2 What is Virtual Greyhound Racing?
- 1.3 How to bet on Virtual Greyhound Racing
- 1.4 Virtual Greyhound Racing types of bets
- 1.5 Virtual Greyhound Betting Strategy
- 1.6 Is virtual greyhound racing fair?
- 1.7 Virtual greyhound betting pros and cons
- 1.8 Conclusion
- 1.9 Virtual Greyhound Racing Betting FAQs
In this article, we’re going to take a closer look at virtual greyhound betting sites for you. We’ll tell you what virtual greyhound racing actually is, as well as how to bet on virtual races. You’ll also get some tips about how to find good virtual greyhound racing betting sites, and some tips on the types of bet you can place. There is plenty to learn about this relatively new form of betting, so read on to find out more!
Best Virtual Greyhound Racing Betting Sites
Anyone seeking out the best virtual greyhound betting sites should make sure they take a good look at what Bet365 and Betway can offer. These are two operators that provide plenty of virtual sports betting options for their punters. There are plenty of other options out there, though, and many of them can be seen here at our table.
What is Virtual Greyhound Racing?
Before we deal with virtual greyhound racing specifically, it is probably a good idea to tell you a bit about virtual sports in general. Virtual sports are where bettors can place bets on computer-generated simulations of sporting contests. You can watch an entire season unfold in an afternoon and bet on every race or match that you choose to watch.
Virtual greyhound racing is where you bet on computer-generated greyhound races. It really is as simple as that. Given that virtual races are much more quickly over than real-life races, you get the chance to place many more bets than you would on conventional races. This makes key betting skills like bankroll management even more important when you are placing wagers at virtual sports betting sites.
Watching virtual greyhounds
The animations used in virtual greyhound racing are excellent and seem to get better every year. It is very easy to become engrossed in the race and find yourself cheering your dog home, for all the good that will do!
The track and stadium are beautifully rendered, and although a close-up of the animals reveals them not to be the real thing, from above the action looks very realistic. Commentary and crowd noises add to the atmosphere, and as the race lasts barely a minute the action is fast and furious.
What is the difference between virtual sports betting and esports betting?
It is important to note that virtual sports betting is not like esports betting. Esports betting is where punters place wagers on video game contests where the games are played by human beings. In esports betting, you are wagering on the relative gaming abilities of human beings. In virtual sports betting, you are betting on computer simulations of sporting contests.
So you can see that betting on virtual greyhounds is actually really simple. It is not that different to betting on more conventional sports as many of the markets are the same. We’ll take a closer look at how you actually bet on virtual greyhound racing and some of the types of bets that you can place next.
How to bet on Virtual Greyhound Racing
The first step towards betting on virtual greyhound racing is to open an account at an online bookmaker that offers markets on virtual sports. You can do this by following these simple steps. Most online betting sites follow a very similar process.
- Visit the operator’s home page and click on the Join Now tab or its equivalent.
- Provide the personal details required to verify your account.
- Make sure that you include a valid email address.
- Select a payment method that is convenient for you.
- Deposit at least the minimum amount allowed in order to claim any welcome bonus that is available.
- Once your first deposit is showing in your account balance you can start betting on virtual sports like greyhound racing or virtual horse racing for real money!
Once your account is open and you want to place a bet, you can follow these simple steps:
- Study the form and become familiar with the operator’s particular version of virtual greyhound racing.
- Click on the market on which you want to bet.
- This will add it to your bet slip, which is usually displayed on the screen’s right side.
- Add your stake to the bet slip, ensuring that you are not betting more than you can afford.
- Check all the bet details and then click on Confirm when you are happy.
- You can then watch the virtual race unfold and see if your judgment means that you have won your bet!
Virtual Greyhound Racing types of bets
Anyone who has already spent some time betting on real-life greyhound racing will find that the types of bets for virtual greyhound racing are actually very similar. If you are already an experienced greyhound betting punter then you should have no problems at all when it comes to adjusting to the world of computer-generated dogs.
Winner bets are really straightforward. This is where you place a wager on which dog you think will win the race outright. This is the simplest form of bet that you can place on a race and if you have done some real-life greyhound betting then you are sure to find it very easy. An each-way bet, where you attempt to predict the first two or three finishers at reduced odds, is another variation of this type of bet.
Another type of bet that you can place on virtual dog racing is the forecast. This type of bet is where you attempt to predict the first two dogs to cross the finishing line in a race. For a straight forecast bet, you need to get the order in which they finish correctly. A reverse forecast, which costs twice as much, is where you can predict the two finishers without having to get their order correct.
Tricasts are another type of virtual greyhound racing bet that will be familiar to anyone who has ever done some real-life greyhound betting. This is where you attempt to predict the first three dogs to cross the finish line. A combination tricast allows you to predict the three dogs without having to get the order in which they finished the race correctly.
Virtual Greyhound Betting Strategy
Putting together a strategy that can bring success when placing virtual greyhound racing bets does not look dissimilar to a betting strategy for online sports betting. You need to follow the same basic principles. We outline them here for you.
- Study the form of the various dogs carefully, this is still a good indication of how they will perform, even though they are computer-generated.
- Make sure that you understand bet types and odds before you try and place any wagers.
- Weigh up which bet type is suitable for each race carefully.
- Manage your bankroll carefully and never bet more than you can afford on any race.
- Look to place several bets of small value rather than one massive bet. This is because betting is about entertainment and this will ensure that you enjoy the thrill of winning more often.
- Never bet when you are angry or frustrated as this can lead to you making unwise or rash decisions about your bets. This can create a situation where you lose and end up chasing your losses, making the situation worse.
Is virtual greyhound racing fair?
There are those punters who remain wary of virtual sports betting because they feel that the bookies have a say in the outcome of the races. In fact, all virtual greyhound races are determined by random outcomes, and the software which generates the result is subject to independent testing and scrutiny to ensure that the races are run fairly.
Of course, the random number generator will factor in the odds to make the short-priced dog more likely to win than the others, but that is the same as saying that the favored dog in a real-life race has a better chance of winning than its opponents.
And as we know from real-life races, the favorite certainly doesn’t always come out on top.
Virtual greyhound betting pros and cons
Virtual greyhound racing has brought the rather old-fashioned sport into the 21st century and introduced it to an audience that would never dream of visiting a greyhound stadium in person. The races are fast and with only a couple of minutes until the next race goes off there is very little hanging around.
While a meet at a real greyhound track might have 12 races spread over three hours, the virtual version can run 25-30 races in a single hour, making for lots more betting opportunities.
If you are new to the sport, there is a case to be made that the virtual version is even better than the real thing, as it is effectively an enhanced and turbocharged version of the real-life races.
As you can see, placing wagers at virtual greyhound betting sites is not really very different from betting on conventional sports. You need to always remember that virtual sports betting is not like esports betting, where you are betting on the gaming abilities of real-life humans. Instead, you are betting on a computer simulation of a greyhound race.
There is a growing number of betting sites that offer a good selection of markets on virtual sports like virtual greyhound racing. Virtual sports betting is very similar to real-life sports betting in many ways, so you can follow much the same strategy. Always remember that betting is supposed to be fun, so if the entertainment dries up, take a break.
Virtual Greyhound Racing Betting FAQs
Virtual greyhound racing is where computer simulated dog races are streamed onto betting sites so that punters can place bets on them. In many ways, it is very similar to real-life greyhound racing except that the dogs are entirely artificial creations. It is important to note that betting on virtual sports is not like betting on esports.
Betting on virtual greyhound racing is very similar to betting on real-life greyhound racing. You can place many of the same bets and you still need to study the form of the dogs, even if they are computer generated creatures rather than flesh and blood hounds.
Many online bookmakers now offer markets on virtual sports like greyhound racing. You can find virtual sports markets at most online bookies now, but Bet365 and Betway are two of the top operators in this sphere. You should find a good selection of virtual greyhound betting markets at those two operators’ sites.
Virtual greyhound racing is not fixed. All race outcomes are determined by Random Number Generators that are adjusted to take into account the relative abilities of each virtually generated dog. There are therefore many more similarities with real-life betting than might initially have been apparent to you.