Welcome to our guide to horse racing in the USA. We’ll show you the biggest horse races in the USA that you should be betting on and reveal which racebooks have the best US horse racing odds. Plus we’ll even keep you occupied with horse racing tips USA today!
Horse racing has a long and cherished history in the US. From the East Coast to the West Coast, the nation is dotted with many illustrious racetracks. What’s best is the fact that it is easier than ever to bet on horse racing cards. So we’ve devised this handy guide that tells you all you need to know about betting on horse racing. Take a look below and see which US horse race you should be betting on!
The biggest horse races in the USA
If you want to put down a bet on horse racing USA has lots of excellent options. Everywhere from Santa Anita to Gulfstream Park, there is no shortage of excellent racetracks in the nation. However, we’ve found that it is the following horse races that seem to give the racebooks the biggest amount of business:
- Kentucky Derby – Legendary Triple Crown race at Churchill Downs, KY
- Preakness Stakes – Another Triple Crown race in Baltimore, MA
- Belmont Stakes – The remaining Triple Crown race in Elmont, NY
- Breeders’ Cup – Held at end of racing season in November in changing locations
- Arkansas Derby – Massive flat race held at Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, AR
- Travers Stakes – Known as the ‘Midsummer Derby’ and held in Saratoga Springs, NY
Who has the best horse racing odds?
You’ll find no shortage of competition among racebooks to give you the best price for your horse racing bets. This is why it’s always a good idea to use some kind of horse racing odds checker before you put your bets down. After all, even the slightest of edges can pay off spectacularly depending on the size of your betting stake.
While most racebooks will give you roughly similar odds for any US horse race, some operators may lower their margin or ‘vig’ to give you market-beating odds for your bets. If you look at the Bet365 horse racing odds, you’ll see a good example of this. But we’ll be by your side to make sure that you always find the best horse betting odds in the US!
Where to get USA horse racing tips today
We’re not going to just show you which US horse races you should be betting on. This is because we’ll be more than happy to share our betting tips with you. We’ve got plenty of experience in betting on horse racing in the US and so we’re perfectly placed to give you plenty of insight. Our tips will combine extensive analysis of past form of each of the runners along with experience of each racetrack to give you a rock-solid prediction. Now all you need to do is to put down your horse racing bets!
What to look for in US horse racing cards
We’re proud to serve up our detailed racecards for each horse race in the US that you are likely to be betting on. This means that you’ll get all of the information you need about each runner and rider. Plus each racecard will include a variety of useful facts regarding things like form, statistics, and breeding information. We’ll even give you some pointers towards those racebooks that’ll give you market-leading odds for the race in question. All of which has meant that it’s never been easier to bet on horse racing in the US!
How to bet on horse racing in the USA
Never bet on horse racing before? Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to do!
- Pick one of our featured racebooks
- Sign up to the racebook by providing some basic personal information
- Make a real money deposit with a card, ewallet or bank transfer
- Claim any available bonuses
- Browsing the horse betting markets
- Click on the horse racing odds that look good to you
- Enter your betting stake
- Put your bet down and hope for the best!
The best bonuses for horse racing USA has to offer
The good news is that most racebooks will give you bonuses that you can use for your horse racing bets. These are special offers that can work in a variety of ways, but it’s always best to read through the small print of these deals first so that you know exactly what it is that you are signing up for. Here are some of the most common horse betting bonuses that you’ll come across:
- Matched deposit bonuses: Will match your first deposit with extra credit that you can use for horse racing betting.
- Risk-free bets: These act as a kind of insurance meaning that your first bet would be refunded with site credit if it lost.
- Best odds guarantees: Deals that simply give you the best price for your horse racing bets should the odds shift after you’ve put your bets down.
£10 Free Bet
New customers only
Bet on Dota 2, CS:GO, LoL, & more!
Best Esports odds & games choice
1.75x odds required, T&C applies
A quick word about parimutuel betting
We should note that the US has fairly complicated gambling laws which means that horse racing betting might be legal in some states and not in others. Plus it’s worth noting that parimutuel betting is the main kind of horse racing betting that you’ll come across. This is where your bets are pooled together with those of other bettors. It’s a slightly unique approach to sports betting, but it’s no less enjoyable!
Betting on horse racing in the US is great fun and the good news is that it’s getting easier than ever. This is because more betting sites are popping up that give you a legal and safe way to bet on all of the biggest US horse races. So be sure to check out one of our recommended bookies for an awesome way to enjoy horse racing betting in the US!